Individual Commuter Tickets (ICT) are being retired with the new system. Existing ICTs will be valid for parking through June 30, 2021. If you wish to return your most recent batch of ICTs and receive a refund, you will need to do so before March 18, 2020.
Faculty and staff who previously used ICTs have several product options with similar, if not identical, benefits:
- Switch to one of the Pay-per-use (PPUP) lots located around campus. With PPUP you have access to a space in a specific lot, pay only when you park, and are billed every pay period for the days you use. PPUP is eligible for payroll deduction.
- Use the new Daily permits which will be available in multiple lots around campus, including the Central Plaza Garage. You can purchase Daily permits online any time from right before you park to up to two weeks in advance.
- You select the lot based on availability for the given day you are parking.
- Daily permits purchased before the day of use may be canceled and refunded any time prior to midnight on the day for which they are purchased.
- Daily permits may also be purchased the same day you are parking on campus, but same-day permits are not refundable.
- Daily permits are not eligible for payroll deduction.
- Use the self-serve parking options in E01 and E18, the two value lots located next to Montlake Boulevard NE. Self-serve parking is not eligible for payroll deduction.
- If you need to park every day for a limited period of time, a short-term or longer single occupancy vehicle (SOV) permit may be a better choice. Annual SOVs are eligible for payroll deduction.
Please note that, just as in the past, all parking is based on availability at time of purchase and that waiting lists will continue to exist for certain lots and garages. For concerns about accessibility, please see the Disability Services Office web page on disabled parking for employees.
Not sure which product would work best for you? We are here to help you through this change! In addition to this website, you can reach Transportation Services via email at email@example.com. Our staff is available to assist you with your questions and finding a product that best suits your needs.
Why ICTs are being retired
ICTs have been offered to faculty and staff for more than 20 years. Although popular, the product itself became very problematic to manage in our existing parking system. While the intent is that people use them to park no more than twice a week, that is only an average. Some people go months without using them, then park every day for two weeks, while other people do indeed use them only a couple days a week. Because paper ICTs cannot be tracked, there is no way of knowing how many ICT holders are parking on any given day, or where. Some parkers were also frustrated by not finding space in their designated ICT lot. In addition, fraudulent use has been an issue with paper permits.
Given the popularity of the ICT product, we tried to find a way to incorporate the functionality of the ICT in the new online offerings, but found it was not possible. While we are unable to sell new ICTs once we move to the new software, we wanted to give everyone time to make the transition, so existing ICTs will be valid for parking through June 30, 2021.
To learn more about why and how these decisions were made, please see our parking modernization page.