Students participating in the Early Fall Start program or who are in an academic program that starts more than 12 days before autumn quarter start may purchase an Early Start parking permit.
The rate for a student parking permit is $602 starting August 20 and is prorated if purchased after that date. Parking permits are valid through the end of autumn quarter, December 17, 2020.
To purchase a parking permit, follow these steps:
- Starting August 20, log into the Transportation Services online customer portal with your UW NetID.
- Click “Get Permits”.
- Select the academic quarter-based parking permit you would like to purchase (ex. SOV / Fall Quarter). Products are listed alphabetically. If you do not see the academic quarter-based permit you would like to purchase, this may mean you are not in the student database. You will need to have that resolved in order to purchase a student parking permit.
- Continue through the purchasing process to finalize the purchase of your parking permit.
For further questions regarding parking permits, please contact Transportation Services at email@example.com or 206-221-3701 from 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Thursday. The Sales office is open by appointment only and closed to general walk-in traffic.
Transit Pass Options
To determine the best option that fits your needs, consider the frequency you plan to use transit.
- 1-2 round-trip rides/week = purchase a regular ORCA card
- 3+ round-trip rides/week = purchase a temporary or opt-in U-PASS.
- Any number of rides/week = purchase an ORCA LIFT pass (if you qualify based on household income)
ORCA (One Regional Card for All) is the regional transit pass program available to use on seven regional transit agencies. To learn more about ORCA, visit the ORCA website. The card gives you the option to purchase a monthly pass or load money onto an e-purse that can be used each time you travel.
Your household income may qualify you for reduced transit fares through the ORCA LIFT program. You can learn more and apply online by visiting the King County Public Health website.
If you are not Husky card eligible and would like to purchase a temporary pass, please contact the Transportation Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-221-3701. The fee is $150 per calendar quarter.
You can purchase an opt-in U-PASS if you have a Husky card and are not payroll deduction eligible, including UW Seattle students. The rate for an opt-in U-PASS is $150 starting July 1 and is prorated if purchased after that date. The opt-in U-PASS is based on the calendar quarter and is valid through September 30.
Starting July 1, log into the Transportation Services online customer portal with your UW NetID.
Click “Get Permits”.
Select the “U-PASS / Quarterly” option from the list of available products (listed alphabetically).
Continue through the purchasing process to finalize the purchase of your opt-in U-PASS.
Opt-in U-PASSes must be paid for with a credit card and are only available online (no office or in-person sales available).