Huskies travel in packs. Ride together and you can save money on gas and parking, plus speed your commute by using high-occupancy-vehicle (HOV) lanes, on-ramps and even ferry loading.
- Carpooling at the UW
- Vanpools and vanshares
- Zipcar: Reduced membership fees for UW students, faculty and staff.
Uber, Lyft & similar services
When using ride-hailing services, or similar ones such as a taxi or car service, always be safe and aware of your surroundings. Use the following tips:
- Avoid entering or leaving a vehicle in the middle of traffic or at busy intersections.
- Ride safely by going to the nearest loading zone to meet your ride.
- Don’t block the right of way for bicycles or pedestrians.
- Keep clear of bus stops to avoid blocking access by bus drivers or transit users.
- Keep clear of paratransit zones and parking stalls reserved for customers with disabilities. These locations will be marked with a wheelchair image.
- Stay on the curb until your ride arrives.
- Whenever possible, share the ride (and save money!). Uber and Lyft both have shared ride options you can select.