The University of Washington is a big place. Before setting out, we encourage you to find your destination on our campus map and plan your route. You can also get help at one of our five gatehouses.
If you are planning to park on campus, please allow at least 30 minutes to purchase a parking permit, park your car and walk to your destination. In many cases, it may be easier for you to arrive by bus or light rail. Information about making deliveries or dropping someone off can be found here. Information about accessible entrances and facilities can be found at our Access Guide.
Always take it slow when driving on campus. Most roads have a 20 mph speed limit and are shared with bicyclists and buses, as well as the thousands of students walking across them daily.
Directions to common destinations:
- UW Medical Center (UWMC)
- Central campus (Visitors Center, Red Square, Meany Theater)
- North campus (Burke Museum, School of Law, Foster School of Business)
- Husky Stadium and other athletic facilities
- Northeast campus residence halls
- West campus residence halls
- The Center on Human Development and Disability (CHDD) and the Experimental Education Unit (EEU)