UCAR rentals are charged to a UW departmental funding source. You must have at least one active payment worktag associated with your UCAR account to reserve a UCAR. To register for automated monthly invoices, or to request a copy of an ISD, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For payment reports and projections please contact the Fleet Services fiscal specialist at 206-221-3930.
If an operator needs to purchase services or repairs from a source other than the Fleet Services, the operator should:
- Obtain permission from the Fleet Services Shop for any repairs
- Use the credit card issued with the vehicle
- If personal funds are used, verify that the services rendered are covered by the rental fee agreement and record the vehicle license number and vehicle number on ALL receipts
The following expenses are not reimbursable per RCW 126.96.36.199.4.D Miscellaneous Travel Expenses:
- Out of pocket charges for vehicle service calls caused by the negligence of the traveler
- Delivery of fuel
- Retrieval of keys from a locked vehicle
- Jump-starting vehicles when lights have been left on, etc.
Under approved circumstances, reimbursement may be obtained through the following procedures:
- Bring the original receipts to the Fleet Services Office for verification of charges and rental dates.
- Original receipts must be legible, have the vendor’s name, date and description of the products and services purchased, and the monetary amount paid.
- Credit card receipts that are not complete may be returned.
- Include the vehicle number or confirmation number on all receipts.
Fleet Services disposes of vehicles through UW Surplus Auctions, managed by Moving and Surplus and Washington State Surplus Vehicle Auctions, managed by the WA State Department of General Administration, Surplus Programs. Auctions are open to the public.
Frequently asked questions