Effective July 1, 2022, all personnel who are paid by the University of Washington will be eligible for a fully subsidized U-PASS. If you previously were paying for an annual or quarterly U-PASS, you do not have to take any action to stop payments. They will stop automatically with the pay period ending June 30, 2022.
If you have questions about eligibility for the fully subsidized U-PASS, visit the UWHR’s U-PASS benefit web page.
Protect your new fully subsidized U-PASS
It is important to protect your Husky Card and the U-PASS RFID chip from damage. We encourage you to follow these tips to protect your Husky Card and U-PASS:
- Do not bend your Husky Card.
- Do not punch a hole anywhere in your Husky Card.
- Keep your Husky Card in a protective holder. Scratches to the magnetic strip and RFID chip can damage your card. Accessories to protect your card can be purchased at the Husky Card Account & ID Center.
- Keep your Husky Card away from all magnets and cell phones.
Your fully subsidized U-PASS will become inactive in one of the following scenarios:
- You changed jobs and your new job classification is not eligible for a fully subsidized U-PASS.
- You are leaving the University.
In the event that you are still at the University and have become ineligible for the U-PASS (scenario 1), you can still purchase the service through your campus Transportation Services office if you wish to continue it.
1320 NE Campus Parkway, Seattle, WA 98105
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Purchase OPT-in Employee U-PASS for UW Seattle
10909 NE 185th Street, Bothell, WA 98011
HMC Parking and Commuter Services
Harborview Medical Center Tower
Photo ID/Parking Office, Room 1 CT 153
Office hours: M-F, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m.
UWMC Northwest Parking Office
1550 N 115th ST, B-120
Office hours: M-F, 6 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.
Have more questions?
Review our Frequently Asked Questions below. If your question is not in the FAQ, please contact your campus Transportation Services office.