Construction parking permits are arranged by UW project managers and must be requested at least one month in advance. Construction permits are charged by the day.
To minimize disruption, we have established the following guidelines with respect to contractor and construction parking:
- University parking permits are required for all vehicles parking on campus.
- Contractors shall limit construction parking to approved area(s) shown on drawings or indicated in contract documents.
- Contractors shall advise construction workers not to park in neighboring residential areas.
- Contractors shall limit the number of vehicle trips to the construction site by encouraging carpooling.
Please call 206-221-3701 with any questions about a previously placed permit request. For additional permit guidance, please contact program coordinator Edwin Campbell at 206-616-8710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Citations may be issued for improper display of permits, expired permits or any other violation of UW parking rules.
Additional information for contractors:
- Contractors will be charged a fee for laydown/staging areas inside campus parking lots or where designated parking spaces are impacted. The fee will also apply to behind-the-fence parking permits for use inside parking lot laydown/staging areas. Please contact email@example.com for the current fee schedule.
- Behind-the-fence permits are not intended for general contractor parking and are for use by site superintendents, project managers or supervisors, and for vehicles with equipment or supplies essential to the project.