Annual Renewal is an opportunity each spring for customers to renew their transportation products, such as a parking permit, vanpool, U-PASS or bike locker. All annual transportation products expire on June 30 each year and must be renewed to maintain uninterrupted service. The deadline for 2022 is 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 30.
What to do if you forgot to renew
To avoid receiving a citation, be sure to pay for parking until you are able to purchase a new annual product. These are your options:
- Use one of the visitor self-serve parking lots, located across campus.
- You can pay for hourly or daily parking with credit card, coins or the PayByPhone app.
- Hourly and daily rates vary based on location, with most being $4/hour or $18.75/day.
- Purchase a daily permit online at the customer portal.
How to purchase a new annual product
Since the renewal period has ended, you will need to purchase a new annual product instead of renewing your previous one. Be aware that your current product(s) or lot assignment may no longer be available and you may need to go on a waiting list.
Some annual products are available online through the customer portal. Others, such as Pay-per-use parking (PPUP), require you to contact the Transportation Services office directly. You may wish to review the descriptions of parking products on the Faculty & staff parking page or check the customer portal for a list of available products.
- If the product you wish to purchase is available online, please go ahead and order it through the customer portal.
- If what you’re looking for is not available online, email your product request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information:
- Your name, UW NetID, Employee ID (EID) number and the product you are requesting.
- A statement indicating you authorize payment via payroll withdrawal, if applicable.
- Any other information that would be helpful in your request.
Once you submit an email request, you will receive an automated response with an email case number. Our team will respond with next steps and lot availability as soon as we can. If you need an expedited response sooner than we’re able to get to your email request, please give us a call with your email case number during our office hours. Until you have confirmation that your new annual product is issued, you will need to purchase daily parking so that you are not cited.